Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boxed In and Boxed Out

As I straddled across our office floor, pacing to and fro from my desk to my co-workers' desks, I just could not help but notice the price of hard work and diligence littering underneath each of our work desks.

The files that we thought were just pieces of litter just transformed into one big junk!

The first thing that came into my mind was to immediately clean up my space before some other high ranking officer conducts a surprise visit. And as I was preparing the peerless box, pasting one water-based adhesive after the other, I suddenly saw a picture of myself being those pieces of litter ready to be boxed.

My years of tenure with this financial institution was not always rosy. There were some moments of glory for me, but ,most of the time, it was just plain lousy and predictable. I am quite sure that this may be the penultimate of my career or, if I am nearing this stage, I am definitely getting aware of the consequences of my "failure" to rise within my ranks.

I continued with the tidying up of my files and dispelled any visions of negativity and angst. And I was just about to be finished when one of my officemates came in and walked by past me without saying, "hello". It appeared that I was not the only one having bitter sentiments. Or, at least, that was what I gleaned from this fellow worker's behavior that morning.

Saying hello was one of those indicators of good and healthy disposition. And on this particular day, my officemate was, to my mind, expressing a gradual loss of this favorable quality.

It seemed that this particular moment was my moment of realizing how difficult it was for anyone (for me specifically) to be encroached in work that is starting to bitter up. And all WE could do is just sit there and sip its bitterness.

Elbowing out of this situation would be the biggest challenge I have yet to face.

I went home early that day and started re-weighing my options regarding work and my possible resignation from this rut that I was in. And I hope that I can to draw up a favorable decision on this one.

I badly need one right away.

Till then...



No comments:

Traffic Digger

Free online advertising